Thursday, August 20, 2009

This is why you should probably start journaling.. starting 10 years ago.

I was leafing through my box of journals today and I came across an entry from when I was eleven. (I have been journaling for forever.) This entry was written during the drive to Colorado. Out of pure boredom, I decided to write everything down anyone said, word for word.

No spelling has been modified and no names have been changed.
_____________________________________________________________________
Passing through Kansas. Morning sat 8-9/o3
8:40
Dear Journal,
Yesterday was so tiring. We drove for 12 hourse only with 2-3 stops...

Stop 1:
Dad: Okay gnag, every bod out.
Tricia: Ooooooh! Restorantay!
Troy: Groan.
Tess: I need to use the restroom really bad.
Mom: Oh what a buitiffle day!
Dad: Indeed.

*Flip forward one page*

11:30pm.

Silence
Silence
Scilence
Silance
S-
Trish: OK EVERYONE LETS SING A SONG!!!!!!!
Silence broken.
Troy: SHUT UP!!!
Mom: What kind of song?
Dad: *BlinkBlink* Sigh.
The mother and 2 daughters belerd out song from sound of music until...
Troy: AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...

Conversation right now with Troy and Trish.

Trish: Troy? Is Mition Imposible the same thing as James Bond?
Troy: No.
Trish: No kidding? I though my whole life that it was the same thing! Is it totally different?
Troy: Yes.
Tricia: Oh.
Troy: Mission Impossible was a show.
INTERUPTION!!!
Troy: Tess? Are you writing this in your diary.
Tess: It's a journal.
Troy: Diary.
Tess: JOURNAL!
Troy: Are you a diariest or something?
Interuption.
I am gett a head ache. Must stop.
____________________________________________________________________

This probably doesn't seem amusing to anyone, but I enjoy it. It just shows to go you (an expression I used a few entries later) can never write anything completely worthless down. One day it will make you laugh no matter how boring it seems at the time.

If I find anything else humorous, I may post it. Maybe. I'm only 1/3 the way through though, so it may be a while.

Tessa Larae.

Ps. I just flipped to the end of the journal I just posted from and on the last page I wrote my own epilogue... What a morbid 11 year old I was. Well that's it folks. Apparently I'm dying at age 84.

2 comments:

trish said...

that blog post earned me a few strange looks in the Coffeehouse. I was laughing really hard.

never forget the key moment of that trip.
LAAAUUUURENCEE HOOOODDGEEES?!!??!!?! OH MY WORD!?!?!

Katie May said...

ooooo000ooo. i still do that. :]
maybe some day i'll copy you and post a blog about it.