Sunday, November 21, 2010

Dead Body.

g l o r i f y i n g t o H I M.

I would like to share something I've been learning this past year with you.

Warning: You are [too] familiar with what I am about to say.

But I'm going to tell you anyway.

I am a dead body. Christ is the only thing alive in me. My life means nothing to me. This should affect every decision I make. Ever. Christ is not integrated into my life - He is my life.

Missionaries. The only reason they are where they are is to serve God, and to bring the lost to Him.

Butwaitjustholdonasecond.

That's the only reason ANY of us are where we are. That's the only reason we are on this PLANET.

So what if you grew up there? So what if you are only there for one more year while you finish up your masters? So what if you are only there because ... whatever. You remember that's not actually why you're there, right? You remember that God placed you exactly where you are on purpose, right?

OK, then. It's time to die.

You can't let even a little bit of yourself reign over your body. This applies to every situation.

You're walking out of class, next to a girl you don't know.

If you're alive you think: Eh, I'd say hi. But, she would probably just think I'm weird and not want to talk - especially not about Jesus. For goodness sake, she would just think all Christians were freaks, and THAT sure wouldn't help anything..

If you're dead you think: If Christ was standing here in the flesh right now, there is n o w a y i n t h e w o r l d
H e w o u l d b r u s h p a s t t h i s g i r l. Christ is the only thing alive in me, I am overflowing with supernatural love. The least I could do is share it with this girl next to me. Even if it means simply asking her, and caring, about how her day was.

This may not have been a very good example. I could think of more... but I think you probably get the idea.
... Probably.

I guess my point is.. you live your life a lot differently when you are dead.

Every opportunity to share Christ with someone - you take it.
Every opportunity to share Christ's love with someone - do it.

The only reason we are here is Christ.

Anyway... I don't think I've fully expressed what I wanted to. However, Starbucks is closing. So I must flee.

Please work on being dead. I know I need to.

But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.
Acts 20:24

4 comments:

wendi jo said...

Love this.

KaraLea Thames said...

You're dead body is great! I do agree that we could become more dead though. Interesting. thanks! love you!

Emily Knepp said...

Amen. Thanks for the great challenge. Sometimes I'm only half-dead, and I definitely need to work on dying just like we all do. I'm glad God has placed dying people in my life such as yourself to encourage and grow with me on this journey!

Katie May said...

it's awesome how we are TAUGHT how to die every day...in new ways!

...and i thought that was a great example.