Thursday, June 28, 2012

Graciousness.


Philippians is one of my favorite books of the bible. I’ve memorized teeny chunks of it – including Phil 4:4-12. And yet (and I love this about the living word of God) this morning when I read through it again a small verse in the midst of many moving verses stuck out to me like never before. Now I feel like I need to meditate it on it daily for the rest of my life. 
Let your graciousness be known to everyoneThe Lord is near. – Philippians 4:5
Graciousness: ἐπιεικής. -
1) seeming, suitable
2) equitable, fair, mild, gentle.
gracious |ˈgrā sh əs|
adjective
courteous, kind, and pleasant : smiling and gracious in defeat.
• pleasantly indulgent, esp. toward an inferior.
• elegant and tasteful, esp. as exhibiting wealth or high social status : the British painter specialized in gracious Victorian interiors | gracious living.
(in Christian belief) showing divine grace : I am saved by God’s gracious intervention on my behalf.
Brit. a polite epithet used of royalty or their acts : the accession of Her present gracious Majest
Thesaurus:
  • Polite
  • Chivalrous
  • Friendly
  • Amiable
  • Hospitable
  • Merciful
  • Compassionate
  • Kind
  • Forgiving
  • Generous
  • Benevolent
  • Tenderhearted
  • Sympathetic
  • Courteous

2 comments:

Kyle and Trish said...

you blogged! Keep blogging! (great post too)

Katie May said...

yayyyy!!! i agree!!